Youth Swim Lessons
General Information/SupportPhone: (760) 758-0808 Fax: (760) 758-8058
Pool & Swim QuestionsJanelle De Santi Aquatics Director
Contact at (760) 758-0808, ext. 14007 or by email at
Swim Lesson Manual & Guide
Children Ages 10 And Under
- Children ages 10 and under MUST have a parent present and in the pool with them at all times.
- Swim tests* must be taken every day to go in the deep end. Children ages 8-10 may receive a lap swim card and swim laps if they pass the lap swim test. If a child passes the lap swim test, they may swim in the water with their parent on the pool deck.
- If a child does not pass the swim test*, they must either wear a life vest, or be within an arm's reach of their parent.
- Children may be in the activity pool alone if they are tall enough to go on the slide (48 inches).
Children Ages 11 - 13
- Children ages 11-13 may be in the pool alone if they pass a swim test*. Swim tests* must be taken every day.
- Parents MUST remain in the facility.
Children Ages 14-17
- Children ages 14-17 may be in the facility alone and in the pool alone provided they pass a swim test*.
- Swim tests* must be taken every day. If they can pass a lap swim test*, they can obtain a lap swim card and will not have to take daily swim tests*.
* Swim tests are completed on the hour during open swim hours
Thank you for your understanding and compliance with our new policies. Our highest priority is to ensure that our members are safe and comfortable at all times. If you have any questions, please contact the Aquatics Department at (760) 758-0808 x14007.